One place in Ontario you absolutely must make plans to visit this summer is Lake Superior Provincial Park! This is an incredible park your entire family will love, and you’ll want to make plans to return to year after year. Blue skies, blue waters, fresh air – your spring and summer plans won’t get any better than this! Learn more about this great camping destination in Ontario below.
If you enjoy birding and wildlife photography, Lake Superior will give you countless opportunities and diverse habitats to carefully explore. At least 120 different bird species nest within the park, with as many as double that having been identified. Spring is a great time to watch for migrating species, too!
Whether you love to canoe, kayak, or spend an afternoon in your powerboat, Lake Superior is a perfect place to bring your toy hauler loaded up with all of your outdoor water gear. The park offers eight specific canoe routes for your exploration, too.
Want even more? The park’s website offers these details:
- The Lake Superior Coast, including both easy to access and remote sections of the Lake Superior shoreline
- Spectacular and diverse scenery – cliffs, beaches, river valleys, waterfalls, inland lakes, Algoma Hills, fall colours
- World-class hiking and paddling along the Lake Superior shoreline
- Agawa Rock Pictographs – 35 red ochre images are visible; one of the few pictograph sites in Ontario accessible by foot (only when Lake Superior is calm); open mid-May to mid-September
- An exceptional Visitor Centre highlighting the park’s cultural history, natural features and recreational opportunities
- Fantastic trout fishing
Camping at the Park
Campers of all kinds can enjoy a stay at Lake Superior Provincial Park, from rugged backcountry camping to RV camping at developed campgrounds. Learn more about your camping options here.